- [01:09] – Shifting away from wanting to be a teacher and how volunteering with the Peace Corps led her towards a career in sales.
- [07:02] – Why you should have competency overconfidence.
- [09:20] – The challenge she had to overcome when she started out in sales.
- [13:12] – Identifying if you’re in a toxic work environment.
- [15:20] – The importance of investing in coaching and personal development.
- [17:16] – From an individual contributor to a front-line leader.
- [20:52] – Tapping a high level of positivity despite the volatility of sales.
- [25:05] – Difficulties that come with being a woman in sales.
- [30:38] – The key to her success as a sales leader.
In this episode of the Transformed Sales Podcast, I had a chat with another fantastic woman in sales, Lori Dunn. Lori is the Chief Operating Officer of Optimus Technologies, Inc, a clean energy technology company based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She is a recognized leader in climate sales and growth. She consults with early-stage climatetech startups on their go-to-market strategies. She has worked with established companies and franchises to manage and reduce electric costs with smart energy platforms and demand response. The winner of a Factor8 award in Sales Leadership, Lori has a passion for developing and mentoring revenue talent.
During her service as a Peace Corps Volunteer, Lori secured an $8M grant to spur economic development for her host community. She holds a BA from California State University-Fullerton and an M. A. in Sustainability and M. A. in Conflict from the Heller School at Brandeis University. Lori and I will dive into her successful career in sales, the challenges of being a woman in sales and how to overcome them, what effective sales leadership should look like, and so much more. It’s going to be a super inspiring one, so don’t miss out.
“You gotta build your competence before you wreck your confidence” – Lori Dunn
“Learning the language of your prospect is critically important” – Lori Dunn
“When you’re coming into a selling environment that’s more targeted, it’s all about how you focus your efforts in the right way” – Lori Dunn
Learn More About Lori Dunn in the Links Below:
Connect with Wesleyne Greer:
- Wesleyne’s Website – https://transformedsales.com/
- Wesleyne on LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/wesleynegreer/
- Wesleyne on Facebook – https://web.facebook.com/wesleynegreer
- Wesleyne on Twitter – https://twitter.com/wesleynegreer
- Email Her at firstname.lastname@example.org