In this episode of the Science of Selling STEM, I interviewed Todd Caponi, the Founder, Speaker and Workshop Leader at Sales Melon. Todd is the author of a three time best book award winning and international best-seller, “The Transparency Sale”. He is a multi-time sea-level sales leader, behavioral science and sales history nerd. He’s guided two companies to successful exits. His next book, “The Transparency Sales Leader” is planned for the Spring of 2022.
Todd built the revenue capacity of a tech company from the ground-up into Chicago’s fastest-growing, helped drive an organization to a successful IPO followed by an acquisition worth almost $3B, and in another organization his turnaround efforts were rewarded with a successful exit and the American Business “Stevie” Award for Worldwide Vice President of Sales of the Year.
Todd was gracious enough to reveal his hard-earned sales secrets including how to engage potential buyers with unexpected honesty and understanding the buying brain to get the deal you want, while delighting your customer with the experience. If there has ever been an episode that you mustn’t miss, it’s this one. So stay tuned and if you ever need help with a sales or leadership issue don’t hesitate to book a complimentary clarity session with me HERE.
On Today’s Episode of the Science of Selling STEM:
- Inspired by his dad to go into sales and combining it with his passion for leading and teaching (02:02)
- Becoming a good sales leader despite having been an average sales person (03:48)
- The experience of leaving his franchise business to become a new sales leader (05:48)
- Using the five Fs framework to successfully build process (10:26)
- Why every sales leader should embrace their flawsomeness and ensure that they don’t just focus on the forecasts (14:18)
- How the negative are needed in order to trigger a purchase decision (17:51)
- Breaking down his passion for sales history (26:12)
- Taking sales back to being a respected profession (30:32)
Connect with Wesleyne Greer:
- Wesleyne’s Website
- Wesleyne on LinkedIn
- Wesleyne on Facebook
- Wesleyne on Twitter
- Email Her at [email protected]
Connect with Todd Caponi:
Rate, Review, Learn, and Share
Thanks for tuning into The Science of Selling STEM! If you enjoyed this episode and want to learn even more about what it takes to transform your sales, don’t forget to tune into our other episodes and share your favorite episodes on social media!