In this episode of the Science of Selling STEM, I had the pleasure of hosting David Vanden Boom, the Director of Sales at Hoover Circular Solutions (Hoover CS). He has experience in oil, energy, and chemicals, and is an expert in coaching, negotiation, business planning, operations management, sales, and market research. David is a self-directed professional with an MBA specializing in management and organization theory.
Hoover CS provides sustainable packaging solutions that facilitate circularity across the supply chain, yielding an optimized environmental footprint through reduced plastic, water conservation, and lower greenhouse gas emissions. It achieves that by combining its large rental fleet of reusable IBCs, catalyst bins, and ISO tanks with integrity management and fleet management services. The company paves the way for customers across the chemical, refining, and general industrial end markets to move away from single-use containers.
David started out as an elementary level teacher and moved up to teaching at the collegiate level before transitioning into the finance industry. He, later on, got into the chemical industry where he started in sales, and has thrived to where he is today. David’s wisdom in how to grow in a sales career all the way to the top is incredible, and you will definitely benefit a lot from what he will share. So make sure you don’t miss the episode. And as always, if you need help with any sales or leadership issue don’t hesitate to book a complimentary clarity session with me HERE
On Today’s Episode of the Science of Selling STEM:
- Interesting career transitions: Starting out as a teacher and evolving into other roles before settling on sales (01:54)
- How he started working in the finance industry and some of his biggest takeaways from working in education (02:39)
- Leaping into chemical sales through a connection he made in finance (05:31)
- Why salespeople are always afraid to say, “I don’t know” (08:46)
- What he did to find his footing in chemical sales (10:27)
- The smooth transition he had into sales leadership and what helped him get there (13:27)
- Growing your team to go into new markets or territories (17:08)
- Situations where a sales person’s accountability is not an issue (19:31)
- Taking pride in the relationships he has built with customers and colleagues (22:21)
- Secret Revealed: A sales person’s greatest asset (23:55)
Connect with Wesleyne Greer:
- Wesleyne’s Website
- Wesleyne on LinkedIn
- Wesleyne on Facebook
- Wesleyne on Twitter
- Email Her at [email protected]
Connect with David Vanden Boom:
Rate, Review, Learn, and Share
Thanks for tuning into The Science of Selling STEM! If you enjoyed this episode and want to learn even more about what it takes to transform your sales, don’t forget to tune into our other episodes and share your favorite episodes on social media!