Thank you for tuning into my podcast, “Snack Sized Sales,” where I focus on sharing three actionable tips on one topic that you can use to transform your sales.
Today, my guest is Jeff Sangalli, board member and CEO at Monty’s Plant Food Company. Jeff comes on to teach us how we can really humanize our sales culture and exponentially grow a business even when it’s in a flat industry.
Jeff is an experienced executive with over 25 years of conceiving and executing strategic business plans, steering organizational decisions as a change agent, and launching new ventures while bridging the gap between technology and commercialization. While at Lexmark International, Jeff progressed through the organization, developing practical experience in virtually every aspect of business, manufacturing, supply chain, logistics and R&D.
He took a bold leap from a Fortune 500 company to become the general manager of a startup, Organocat, in 2019. In 2018, he became the CEO and board member of Marty’s Plant Food Company, an international developer, marketer and seller of specialized soil amendment and plant fertility products. Under his leadership, Monty’s has tripled its revenue and profit in a very flat agricultural industry. Stay tuned for all the valuable insights Jeff has to share.
On Today’s Episode of Snack Sized Sales:
- From semiconductor designer to management leader with 14 years’ experience in a wide range business areas (02:36)
- Career Versus Family: How he was able to successfully balance between the two (05:15)
- Transitioning from engineering to organization, leadership and relationship building (07:18)
- Going into a stagnant business in a flat industry and finding ways to scale it (10:10)
- Why every business should learn about the Hedgehog principle (13:32)
- Getting the right people in order to build a strong sales force (14:32)
- The challenges they’ve been facing from their exponential growth (16:19)
Connect with Jeff Sangalli:
Rate, Review, Learn and Share
Thanks for tuning into the Snack Sized Sales podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and want to learn even more about what it takes to simplify and transform your company’s back-office and online customer journey. Don’t forget to tune into our other shows and share your favorite episodes on social media!