In this episode of the Science of Selling STEM, I spoke to Curt Tueffert, the VP of Sales Development at DXP, a Houston-based business that is a one billion dollar industrial distributor. He is the 2016 winner of the Stevie Award for his work in sales development. With over 30 years in the art and science of professional selling, he has experienced a great deal of success while overcoming many obstacles. He is also an adjunct professor at the University of Houston and his tenure includes teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels in the areas of Sales and Business Communication.
Curt is the author of “5 Stones For Slaying Giants” and “201 Sales Motivators.” He is considered “America’s Master Sales Motivator” due to his high energy, enthusiastic audience presence, and knowledge of sales motivation. He understands that motivation and knowledge can be combined to create the outcomes required to be successful. He communicates a balance that gives people the right tools to get and stay motivated. Curt talked about his journey to sales leadership and shared why hard work and strong leadership are valuable.
He also highlighted the importance of personal touches and creating an automated cadence to help deliver on a timely basis, and so much more. Make sure you tune in to sample some of Curt’s wealth of knowledge and experience. And if you need help with any sales or leadership issue don’t hesitate to book a complimentary clarity session with me HERE. Stay tuned!
On Today’s Episode of the Science of Selling STEM:
- Going after his passion and how it led him into award-winning sales leadership (02:18)
- How being tenacious contributed to his success (06:05)
- Getting started in the world of sales training and later on moving into the corporate arena (07:34)
- The freedom he gets from DXP to perfect his craft and how that adds value to the company when he shares what he learns with his team (11:55)
- Explaining why a sales manager’s role is to solely manage things and lead people (13:43)
- Implementing a new CRM system so they can spend more intelligent time in front of their customers and help their sales managers manage in the 21st century (19:11)
- His biggest and most memorable accomplishment (24:54)
Connect with Wesleyne Greer:
- Wesleyne’s Website
- Wesleyne on LinkedIn
- Wesleyne on Facebook
- Wesleyne on Twitter
- Email Her at [email protected]
Connect with Curt Tueffert:
- Curt on LinkedIn
- Curt on Facebook
- 5 Stones For Slaying Giants By Curt Tueffert
- 201 Sales Motivators By Curt Tueffert
Rate, Review, Learn, and Share
Thanks for tuning into The Science of Selling STEM! If you enjoyed this episode and want to learn even more about what it takes to transform your sales, don’t forget to tune into our other episodes and share your favorite episodes on social media!