In this episode of the Science of Selling STEM, I’ll be breaking away from the usual format of our show to share an interview that I did with Lee Kantor of the Coach the Coach Radio show by Business Radio X. I started off by sharing how I moved from being a career chemist to achieving sales leadership success and helping other sales leaders achieve success within the organizations that they serve. Most emerging sales managers receive little or no training before taking on the job. That is a huge mistake.
The climb from individual contributor to manager is worth planning and preparing for, because this role is not only among the toughest on the organizational chart, but it is also the one that offers the most upside (and downside), both personally and for the organization. I’ll talk about how I work with them to teach them how to manage up as well as manage down, and how they can build effective sales processes, hire better people., and speak to upper management to ensure what they’re doing is getting heard throughout their organization.
Lee Kantor and I covered a lot of ground in this conversation, good for leaders and reps alike to hear. So don’t miss out. And if you need help with any sales or leadership issue don’t hesitate to book a complimentary clarity session with me HERE
On Today’s Episode of the Science of Selling STEM:
- Running a sales leadership coaching firm that helps sales leaders build effective sales processes, hire better people, and getting heard throughout their organization (00:52)
- Transitioning from being a chemist to an international sales manager (01:42)
- The first key to leading a sales team (02:54)
- Are people born with sales in their blood? (03:17)
- Teaching Gap selling: The problem-centric way to sell (05:19)
- Why sales training cannot work without behavior change (06:24)
- An industry to industry analysis of the salesperson’s role (08:09)
- Breaking through bias against sales within organizations (09:44)
- What coaches and consultants can do to improve their sales (11:55)
- A 6-Month Impact Journey: Helping a client who had been turned down for a promotion to achieve great milestones (14:00)
- Helping sales managers get to where they need to be as quick as possible (15:44)
Connect with Wesleyne Greer:
- Wesleyne’s Website
- Wesleyne on LinkedIn
- Wesleyne on Facebook
- Wesleyne on Twitter
- Email Her at [email protected]
Connect with Coach the Coach Radio & BRX
Rate, Review, Learn, and Share
Thanks for tuning into The Science of Selling STEM! If you enjoyed this episode and want to learn even more about what it takes to transform your sales, don’t forget to tune into our other episodes and share your favorite episodes on social media!