In this special Black History Month episode of the Science of Selling STEM, I had a chat with Gabrielle “GB” Blackwell, the Manager of Business Development – Strategic Accounts at Airtable. Gabrielle is a repeat LinkedIn Sales Star and has built 10,000+ followers over the past year. She leads a team of business development reps where she partners with people to cultivate a healthy culture of learning, development, and collaboration. She’s also the Co-Founder at Women in Sales Club, an organization built to drive conversations around enabling, empowering, and promoting women within the sales profession.
She mainly focuses on driving content and community. She will share how she overcame insurmountable odds to thrive in sales within the tech space, especially as a woman. She will also talk to us about her people-centric approach and how her infinite curiosity about her team members gets the best out of them. Our conversation will definitely be of great value to you as we also discuss what it takes for sales leaders to build teams that always win, and so much more. So don’t miss it. And if you need help with any sales or leadership issue don’t hesitate to book a complimentary clarity session with me HERE. Stay tuned!
On Today’s Episode of the Science of Selling STEM:
- Starting in sales out of desperation only for it to actually align with her vision in life (02:44)
- Why it’s important for every sales professional to lay out a road map for their career (05:50)
- Becoming a top-performing 3xing sales development rep in her first sales role (08:30)
- A Path Less Traveled: How she became a sales manager (10:15)
- Having the cards stacked against her as a woman of color in the tech industry and how she overcame it to win big (16:47)
- Rebuilding her sales career despite having a misdemeanor (20:20)
- Mentoring others to invest in relationships with their sales leaders (25:08)
- The inspiration behind her co-founding Women in Sales Club (27:58)
Connect with Wesleyne Greer:
- Wesleyne’s Website
- Wesleyne on LinkedIn
- Wesleyne on Facebook
- Wesleyne on Twitter
- Email Her at [email protected]
Connect with Gabrielle Blackwell:
Rate, Review, Learn, and Share
Thanks for tuning into The Science of Selling STEM! If you enjoyed this episode and want to learn even more about what it takes to transform your sales, don’t forget to tune into our other episodes and share your favorite episodes on social media!